In the race to become better connected, elevate interoperability and harness the power of data to advance value-based care, healthcare organizations have created a complex ecosystem of disparate systems and data sets with varying levels of quality and accessibility. Meanwhile, demands for IT resource and budget continue to rise while ever-expanding cyber-threats increase the complexity of maintaining data privacy and security. These dynamics left unaddressed can stall digital transformation and impede an organization’s ability to deliver the actionable information required to improve clinical care and strategic business decisions.
Strategic Data Management and IT Governance Are the Foundation to Unlocking Data Value
Given this, Health IT leaders must move to manage data and IT systems deliberately and strategically across the enterprise. Only through strategic data management and governance can Health IT leaders:
- identify and protect all data types and IT systems across the enterprise
- eliminate the policy and infrastructure gaps that inflate cost and risk
- cost-effectively and securely embrace the Cloud
- advance a hybrid IT strategy that promotes long-term cost-efficacy, sustainability and privacy and security
- lay the foundation required to unlock data value